One of our key differentiators here at DCG is our Centers of Excellence. A Center of Excellence (CoE) is a fully packaged and successfully tested solution to address common software issues that plague organizations - we offer a number of them, which you can read more about here.
All CoEs are put in place using our Build, Operate, Transfer method, which means:
- We customize the CoE processes to suit your needs, while establishing and educating your internal resources.
- We operate the CoE using our staff to perform some, if not all, of the functions.
- We transfer full operation of the CoE to your team when/if desired.
Our most popular CoE is the Estimation CoE, which helps to optimize software estimation processes to reduce project risk, increase delivery confidence and set IT investment priorities to meet business needs and goals. We have these in place at major organizations, such as a well-known global financial solutions provider (Case Study).
Our CEO recently recorded a video about the Estimation CoE. It's a quick showcase to help explain why the CoE is so invaluable to an organization.
If you don't have time for the video, here's the takeaway:
Inaccurate software project estimates are the cause of a lot of waste in IT departments and increased project risk. An Estimation CoE can help your organization to measure, manage and accurately predict cost, schedule, performance and value for your software projects. This CoE is often used to validate estimates from third-party vendors to better manage outsourcing relationships and to improve the quality of delivered work and associated timelines.
Need more information? Here you go:
- Brochure: This provides further detail about DCG's Center of Excellence solutions.
- Business Case: Learn why this solution is necessary for your organization.
- Article: 6 Steps to Creating an Estimation CoE.