Software Development Metrics Guide Leadership to Value Based Decisions
Software Development Metrics provides software development leaders economic and engineering insights into the cost, value and efficiency of processes within waterfall, agile and/or hybrid projects contained within programs and portfolios.
These metrics for software development provide a link between effort expended and value created for software metrics in software engineering.
Our consultants provide customized software development project metrics sizing expertise to help you move to quantitative decision making.
Our Software Development Metrics Offerings Include:
Common Software Development Metrics Use Case Scenarios
Usage of metrics for software development is seen often in these use cases:
- Continuous Improvement Support – Competitive software organizations sustain a culture of continuous improvement by measuring cost and performance of their teams and methods. These software process metric covering cost and performance metrics, across an enterprise, can be normalized and used to compare how well teams, lines of business and portfolios are doing from an economic and engineering viewpoint using function point analysis.
- Manage outsource vendor services delivery – Clients outsourcing millions of dollars of software development to vendor partners in exchange for enhancements to existing systems or custom development of new features and functions in existing systems or new systems. Software measurement based on Function Point Analysis is used to set an economic metric for the cost of unit of work as a currency of exchange. Vendors are paid for the software project metrics, function points, that they deliver.
- Software Estimation - Accurate sizing allows you to effectively manage requirements’ definition and scope and provides an objective input into parametric estimation models. These models provide predictive and retrospective information about past and future project performance for management insight.
- Article - In this “Why Metrics Maturity Matters”, DCG Software Value characterizes some distinct metrics behaviour patterns observed into a “Metrics Maturity Model
- Trusted Advisor Report - This report examines how classic project metrics can be used to assess project outcomes. Learn more.
- Article - Learn the fundamental elements of a process and project metrics in software engineering that supports your business success.
- Case Study - This case study outlines how DCG helped a company to establish a benchmarking program and the benefits received from its implementation.
- Article - Experts from CAST and DCG explain how to proactively manage risk while optimizing the value you bring to the business.
- The IFPUG Guide to Software Measurement - Industry Standard Reference Guide
The Insights section of our website features additional reference materials. Visit it to find more information on this topic.
The metrics for software development featured above are packaged, standard offerings developed from years of practical experience working with industrial and commercial clients within multiple industries. These services are effective and proven but we understand you may have specific needs. We often get requests to develop customized offerings based on the fundamentals of our software outsourcing service(s), and we’d be delighted to discuss your particular situation.
For more information, contact Toni Crittenden at +719.582.2002.