Software Measurement and Metrics Sizes Software for Value Delivery
Software Measurement and Metrics in software engineering provides software development leaders quantitative insights into the cost and value delivered by waterfall, agile and/or hybrid projects contained within programs and portfolios. Manual sizing for software metrics in software engineering is economical for small- medium size organizations. Larger companies can benefit from automated methods for software measurement in software engineering like the CAST Software Analytics Intelligence Platform.
Our consultants provide customized Measurement and Metrics sizing expertise to help you move to quantitative decision making.
Our Software Measurement and Metrics Offerings Include:
Common Software Measurement and Metrics Use Case Scenarios
Usage of measurement and metrics in software engineering is seen often in these use cases:
- Manage outsource vendor services delivery – Clients outsourcing millions of dollars of software development to vendor partners in exchange for enhancements to existing systems or custom development of new features and functions in existing systems or new systems. Software measurement based on Function Point Analysis is used to set an economic metric for the cost of unit of work as a currency of exchange. Vendors are paid for the function points they deliver.
- Software Estimation - Accurate sizing allows you to effectively manage requirements’ definition and scope and provides an objective input into parametric estimation models. These models provide predictive and retrospective information about past and future project performance for management insight.
- Continuous Improvement Support – Competitive software organizations sustain a culture of continuous improvement by measuring cost and performance of their teams and methods. Cost and performance metrics, across an enterprise, can be normalized and used to compare how well teams, lines of business and portfolios are doing from an economic and engineering viewpoint using function point analysis.
- Article - Learn the fundamental elements of a software measurement program that supports your business success.
- Case Study - This case study outlines how DCG helped a company to establish a benchmarking program and the benefits received from its implementation.
- Article - Experts from CAST and DCG explain how to proactively manage risk while optimizing the value you bring to the business.
- The IFPUG Guide to Software Measurement - Industry Standard Reference Guide
- Presentation - This presentation, Measurement Roadmap Fundamentals, discusses how to make sure what you are measuring will lead to better decision making for you and your organization.
The Insights section of our website features additional reference materials. Visit it to find more information on this topic.
Our consulting services are designed as standard, packaged offerings developed from working with clients across various industries. These services are effective and proven but may not fully meet your specific needs. Therefore we offer customized services based on the fundamentals of software measurement and metrics and welcome talking with you on your particular circumstances.
Please contact Tony Timbol at 904-614-0931 to discuss your Software Measurement and Metrics options.